The maximum size of a Batch is not defined in this standard but shall be agreed by the Release Creator and the Release Distributor before using this Profile. It is not permitted to include the same Release more than once in a single Batch.
If the Release Creator wants to have several Batches “open” at the same time, it needs to ensure that no Release is contained in more than one Batch.
The maximum time a Batch may be kept “open” is a matter for the Release Creator and the Release Distributor to define in their commercial agreement.
To ensure sequential processing, a Batch is identified by the date and time of its creation in the form YYYYMMDDhhmmssnnn with
- YYYY being the year of Batch creation;
- MM being the month of Batch creation;
- DD being the day of Batch creation;
- hh being the hour of Batch creation;
- mm being the minute of Batch creation;
- ss being the second of Batch creation; and
- nnn being the millisecond of Batch creation.
The Release Creator shall make sure that for each of its Release Distributors the
BatchId is unique.