Version 4 of the Electronic Release Notification Message Suite Standard offers a significantly simpler way to communicate Release Notifications compared with ERN-3.
Version 4.1 has been developed in response of testing with version 4. It further streamlines the communication of Releases from Release Creators to Release Distributors. The major changes include:
- Simplified process to the reduction of rights and takedowns (Note: this approach has also been adapted for ERN-3);
- Support for accompanying a
NewReleaseMessagewith an additional XML file containing information in addition to what has, traditionally, been sent from a Release Creator's supply chain to support, for instance, voice activated music services;
- Ability to for a Release Creator so signal to a Release Distributor how it wishes artist information should be displayed as part of a title;
- Ability to communicate display credits;
- Ability to provide track sequences using letters; and
- A series of smaller changes to closer align the NewReleaseMessage with messages defined in other DDEX Standards, particularly RIN and MLC.
Version 4.1.1 corrects a number of small errors in the XSD (ensuring that
Keywords are available on
TrackRelease, adding a flag to indicate whether a
Contributor is a credited artist, aligning the
WorkRightsController composites, enabling the communication of label hierarchies, add the ability to differentiate “covers” from “originals”) and adds rules for the communication of Preview Dates.