Recipients should reject any DDEX message that is invalid. This includes:
- Messages that do not parse against the relevant XML Schema Definition file.
- Messages that violate the rules of the profile or profiles indicated in the messge (exceptions may be specifically agreed between sender and recipient).
- Messages that do not conform to additional rules agreed by sender and recipient such as reference to a price code that has not been agreed before hand.
- Messages that contain obvious inconsistencies such as a different
DisplayArtistNameon release and resource level when communicating singles.
- Messages that include empty tags where data is required.
Consequent, senders should run a final validation before sending a DDEX message. DSPs should not infer data.