- Map the local database terminology to the DDEX terms and Allowed Value Sets (AVS). The AVS provides for ‘User Defined’ values, but the use of this in practice compromises interoperability and is not a substitute for careful mapping of local variable into the DDEX system;
- Ensure that all the data required in practice can be provided.
- Be able to process the XML language so as to generate messages and/or receive them and extract the data;
- Implement at least one of the DDEX MLC messages;
- Make tests of generation of DDEX messages from your IT system;
- Exchange test files with other DDEX MLC Message Suite users; and then:
- Go live!
This section of the Knowledge Base is aimed at explaining to technical implementers as well as operational personnel, how to implement and use the DDEX MLC Message Suite Standard to:
- Exchange data between MLCs;
- To deliver data to MLCs;
- To receive data from record companies; and
- To receive data from MLCs.
It addresses these issues: